Traditional Victorian Floor Tiles
This article of Traditional Victorian Floor Tiles was published on March 24, 2017 at 4:23 am. It is uploaded in the Floor category. Traditional Victorian Floor Tiles is tagged with Traditional Victorian Floor Tiles, Traditional, Victorian, Floor, Tiles..
Traditionaltra•di•tion•al (trə dish′ə nl),USA pronunciation adj.
Also, tra•di•tion•ar•y (trə dish′ə ner′ē)USA pronunciation (for defs. 1–3. ). tra•di′tion•al ′i•ty, n.
- of or pertaining to tradition.
- handed down by tradition.
- in accordance with tradition.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the older styles of jazz, esp. New Orleans style, Chicago style, Kansas City style, and Dixieland. Cf. mainstream (def. 4).
tra•di ′tion•al•ly, adv.
VictorianVic•to•ri•an (vik tôr′ē ən, -tōr′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
- having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
- noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
- noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.
- a person who lived during the Victorian period.
- a house in or imitative of the Victorian style.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Tilestile (tīl),USA pronunciation n., v., tiled, til•ing.
- a thin slab or bent piece of baked clay, sometimes painted or glazed, used for various purposes, as to form one of the units of a roof covering, floor, or revetment.
- any of various similar slabs or pieces, as of linoleum, stone, rubber, or metal.
- tiles collectively.
- a pottery tube or pipe used for draining land.
- Also called hollow tile. any of various hollow or cellular units of burnt clay or other materials, as gypsum or cinder concrete, for building walls, partitions, floors, and roofs, or for fireproofing steelwork or the like.
- a stiff hat or high silk hat.
- to cover with or as with tiles.
This blog post about Traditional Victorian Floor Tiles have 6 attachments it's including Victorian Hallways, Original Style, Original Style, Original Style, Original Style ., Alternative Tiles, Specialist In Victorian, Minton And Period Wall And Floor Tiles. Following are the attachments:
The house frequently has its persona. Furthermore together with cottages or the bungalow can be found in the UK. Don't need to alter the building's framework is an excessive amount of, Traditional Victorian Floor Tiles patterns take on classic bungalow.
Never expected a result, gorgeous! As a way to take care of the building's figure, the custom Alex St of Kitchen Architecture adding a home style apart from the primary building. The end result? Stunning! Yes, a cottage located in Chelshire, the united kingdom may be the building in-question.
Desire to bring the setting is comfortable and hot, the furniture has a delicate white color as his finishing. Contemporary equipment and storage that is much can also be gorgeous kitchen style complements that one. Moreover with up lighting to illuminate the room during the night.
If you also calm having a slight vintage and like the atmosphere of the hot kitchen feel with probably a great alternative for you. To obtain this type you possibly can make inexpensive kitchen cabinets an election which have pattern and work with a wooden floor includes a sample. Utilizing pastel hues brown with details of wood and white hues is likely to make dinner within the kitchen together with your family may feel warmer.
The bungalow was built-in the 18th-century and it is now after dark stage of restoration. In the place of wanting to imitate the cottage's type, Alex Saint made a decision to build yet another kitchen layout that keep the smoothness of the residence and will minimize the architectural change of the complete resort.
Your kitchen design a glass cube of in the kind. Glass' use here is meant to manage to control the heat. Glass may be exposed to offer oxygen in to the space, when summer arrives. For there to become a common thread between your Traditional Victorian Floor Tiles with new kitchen, the same content being used by floors having an exterior deck.